Thursday 3 April 2008

New Toy

Yesterday, my partner and I bought an ex-display digital camera from Comet at a stark raving discount.

Yes, that's right, I do have a partner. He's very big on anonymity, so I can only introduce him to you as Dr Squirrel.

Anyway, yesterday we bought this camera, which, being Japanese, has more features than your average NASA shuttle. This afternoon, Dr Squirrel was just about climbing the walls for an opportunity to take it out somewhere pretty and give it a test run.

So we drove out to Derwent Park, a nearby place of natural beauty. Here are some of the results...



Here, Dr Squirrel, at my request, takes a slightly pretentious close-up of a lit cigarette in my hand. Turned out quite nicely, but I think we'll have to experiment a little to produce the quintessentially pretentious smoking shot.

This is the only photograph today taken by me. It's nothing fancy - I have barely mastered the theory of point at the pretty thing and press the fucking button. But still, it's my first photo with the new camera, and it's of a rather attractive pine cone basking in the afternoon sun on the forest floor.


Here, Dr Squirrel really comes into his own. He took this shot of the electricity pylon from within and underneath it. Very arty. Love the angle. I was so chuffed with this that I've set it as my Windows wallpaper.


Dr Squirrel's other big triumph of the day - a beautiful close-up shot of some sunlit holly leaves. I detect the beginnings of a talent here, gentle readers.

Anyway, that's all for now, folks. Catch y'all later.

No comments: